WINCHESTER BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
Effective for WBA JumpStart Clinic and Travel Program (October 2023 - March 2024)
The Winchester Basketball Association (“WBA”) is committed to providing a safe environment for our players and coaches during our summer clinic. To that end, we have reviewed guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, various Commonwealth of Massachusetts offices, the Winchester Board of Health, and the Winchester Public Schools.
The WBA follows the guidelines set forth by the Town of Winchester as follows:
(1) The Winchester Board of Health Covid-19 Resources are found here: Town of Winchester Covid-19 Resources
(2) The Winchester Board of Health “Mask Guidance” is found here: Town of Winchester Face Mask Advisory
(3) The Winchester Board of Health "Exposure Guidance" for close contacts is found here: Town of Winchester and Winchester Public Schools Exposure Guidance for Close Contacts
WBA will have a zero-tolerance approach towards non-compliance with the guidelines set forth by the Town of Winchester. If you cannot or will not comply with these guidelines, your child should not participate as a player and/or you should not participate as a coach.
In the event of a positive COVID-19 test:If your player tested positive with a COVID-19 self-antigen test at home, or a COVID-19 test from a lab such as a PCR or an antigen (regardless of vaccination status), please follow the current guidance:
Duration: Self-isolation at home for COVID-19 positive individuals is a minimum of 5 days after the first day of symptoms or after a positive PCR/antigen test result (whichever was first) That day is considered day ZERO.
Notify Luke McInnis, the WBA's Covid-19 Manager: Click Here to Notify Luke
Participation in WBA basketball activities (eg, JumpStart clinic, practice, game, etc.) may resume:
* After 5 days of isolation at home and once they have no symptoms or their symptoms are resolved (ie: free of sore throat, free of headache, free of running nose, greatly diminished cough), and have been fever free for 24 hours (without taking fever-reducing medications).
* In addition, you should notify your player's close contacts that they have tested positive for COVID-19
* When your player returns to basketball activities after isolation, they must remain masked indoors at all times AND when participating in basketball activities (indoors or outdoors) with teammates and coaches, other than when eating or drinking for 10 days after their positive test date or onset of symptoms. This is due to the fact that people can still be infectious for up to 10 days. If they do NOT wish to remain masked for days 6-10, they will not be able to return to WBA basketball activities until Day 11.
December 1st Positive Test/Symptom Onset Day Zero
December 2nd - 6th 5 days in isolation Day 1-5
December 7th If symptoms resolved Day 6 (out of isolation)
December 7th - 11th Mask around others Days 6-10
Stay home when sick (All individuals):
If an individual has COVID-19 symptoms: Please stay home and test with a home self-antigen test or PCR before returning to basketball activities. The Winchester Public Schools recommend at least one negative self-antigen test (two negative self-antigen tests 24-48 hours apart and/or a PCR test is best practice) and significant improvement in symptoms before returning to basketball activities.
No runny nose
No sore throat
Significantly improving cough
Fever free for 24 hours